Saturday, May 14, 2011

Some Things I No Longer Think

A short list:

1. That you shouldn't use the passive voice or end sentences with prepositions
2. That foods have moral values
3. That shame is useful
4. That wives should submit to their husbands
5. That adoption is a cureall for unintended pregnancy
6. That exerting authority is (one of) the most important part(s) of parenting
7. That saying 'people are stupid' or 'I hate kids' is unproblematic
8. That antibiotics make your oral contraceptives malfunction (h/t @esme_sagefemme)
9. That reading primary texts is primary
10. That you should stop breastfeeding by the time they're old enough to ask for it
11. That people do or can make decisions completely rationally

You can play along in the comments if the spirit moves you.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this is FUN! I immediately want to make a huge list, and I'm sure I have TONS of them---but here I sit, stymied, if stymied is the word I want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love this list! I heartedly agree with numbers 3, 4, 5, 6, and 10.

    To play along, I will add these:

    12. That it is my job to make other people happy.
    13. That my life should be judged by its productivity.
    14. That taking care of yourself first is selfish.

    ReplyDelete